Wednesday, July 21, 2010

How does the concept of beauty differ between specific cultures?

What makes someone beautiful in Europe vs North America?


Asia? South America? What do you percieve as beautiful?





Just a general question. I'm trying to stray away from the standard ';everyone is pretty in their own way'; response, regardless if it's true or not. Truthful answers greatly appreciated.How does the concept of beauty differ between specific cultures?
In eastern asia, Japanese, Korean, Chinese, standard of beauty is light skin, black long hair, flawless skin.


The trend for asian men is tall, tan and oriental eye, they're not into big eyes anymore.How does the concept of beauty differ between specific cultures?
i consider a clean person beautiful. If you're the prettiest person in the world and you smell like crap, then you're already uglified to me. so thats my answer... clean people =)
People usually think people of THEIR RACE(no matter what race they may be) are beautiful..Why?


Well I think because they think of themselves as beautiful, so of course they'd think that others that look like them are beautiful..that may not mean that they won't think OTHER races are beautiful too...it's just that is most common(and natural)...





BTW


Not EVERYONE in western world agree on what is beautiful and what is not..
I think everything average looks good to me. What I find unattractive is small lips (or should I say the lack of lips) that look like a line drawn accross someones face. Also, an upturned nose with the nostrils very visible from the direct front doesn't look good to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment