Friday, August 20, 2010

What is the essential beauty item?

I have a makeup bag that's loaded with cosmetics. I carry it around all the time, but I'm sick of the weight of it! What is the ONE essential beauty item a girl should always carry (from your experience)? Please include the brand and price if you can. :)What is the essential beauty item?
the most vital things for me include:





rice powder blotting paper. you can take one sheet or the whole pack, depending on how long you will be out. they come in many brands and colors... pink, yellow, skin tone etc.


Palladio brand works great, but don't be afraid to splurge if you see one you like in a fancy brand!! destroys sweat from dancing, or even tropical humidity!!! pink has a nice effect for summer...


http://www.ballbeauty.com/rice_powder.htm





hand wipes: a pleasant scented hand wipe is always good to have when refreshing makeup while you re out. no yuckhands reaching into makeup while you're out!! saves on breakouts, trust me,... and a tiny pack of tissues, one or two q-tips stashed inside.





lightly tinted shimmery lipgloss. loreal color juice is excellent and doest ';taste'; too makeup-y. can be used as emergency blush or sparingly as eye area brightener...





a mini spray bottle with good fresh mineral water (sometimes you can find tiny atomizers, be on the lookout) sometimes i add a few drops of a fancy toner, rose water or witch hazel for added benefits. spray on when your skin is feeling stressed. ';sets'; rice powder after blotting.





dr hauschka rose cream in the ';mini'; size. instant, radiant moisture, sweet rose scent. ususally about 5$.





smallest nub of brown eyeliner you own.





all these things could easily fit into the very tinyest compartment and have worked well for me over the years in many emergencies, climates, and while traveling...





i also get my lashes tinted black regularly. saves a ton of time and looks great for about a month straight.





best of luck slimming down the makeup bag :)What is the essential beauty item?
lip gloss mega lip plump by wet n wild $ 299 wallgreen's.
My essential is SPF 15 tinted moisturizer from Mary Kay cost $18. A little bit goes a long way. Sometimes all I have time for is the moisturizer and a little mascara but my face is blotchy as I have issues with rosacea so the tinted moisturizer not only protects my face from harmful UV rays, but put a hint of color whereas I would look blotchy. I too used to carry the make-up bag and found I only used a portion of what was in it. Now my purse I have the face powder, mascara and lipstick. I can always use the lipstick as a blush in a pinch, and I can smudge the mascara on so it looks like I have eyeliner. Hope this helps.
Okay, so you have your eyeshadows and mascaras, but if you really want to dress up or dress down your eyes, you just need a eyeliner. I use MAC eye kohl in ';Teddy'; a rich, subtle sparkly brown. It compliments my eyes, is super ';lightweight'; and i take it everywhere! About $13 at your local department store.
Sunblock.......
I have a make-up bag also, but what I carry with me on a daily basis is as follows:Revlon Colorstay lipstick(whatever color for that day-$8.99), Loreal colourjuice lipgloss(clear w/glitter-$6.00 on sale), Styli-Style waterproof eyeliner-black(about $5) you don't have to spend that type of money. I choose to because they last longer. Once your make-up is on you don't have to worry about nothing else but your eyes and your lips. Ooohh I forgot my eyeshade is from Max Factor.
Dollar Store lipgloss with its own mirror. $1!!!!
Mascara by L'0real Volumuous in the Black Noir. If it looks to wet when you go to put it on take a Napkin, Paper Towel or something of somesort and wrap it around this brush part and GENTLY SWIPE 1 SWIPE and then apply. And, I believe it cost around $ 5.00 - $ 7.00 and sometimes the have the 2 in a pack or you can sometimes find like a $2.00 off coupon in the girly magazines.
Hi, sorry I can't be sure of a brand or price (as mine is worn off) but I ALWAYS cary around a blush stick. It's like a cream/creme blusher in a deepish pink shade and fits neatly into a handbag. Because it's just a pink creamy thing, I use it for all sorts!! These can be pricey, but you won't need much else besides some eyeliner/mascara ^_^


-Apply gently to the bottom eyelid, and across the bottom section of the top eyelid, and cloud the outer edge of the upper eyelid too. Eyes taken car of!


-Apply some to your finger and cloud across your cheekbone for a healthy blush


-Apply across your lips too (yes- you can!)- best after apllying vaseline or lip salve or balm. Voila!





It's so multipurpose.... I love it ^_^ Hope this helps you angel x x
eye liner whatever kind your wearing that day... exaggerate
A good mascara! maybelline great lash 5 dollars!
it depends on which make up tat u care most on yr face.. for me,i look serious on my eye make up..wat i bring along is eyelash curler,a mascara,lipgloss,loose powder (to fix my make up whenevr)
I think you should always carry eyeliner, lipstick and coverup/or powder compact. I carry these 3 with me everywear. Its all you need to always have a fresh face. I have a little cosmetic bag I put in my purse and I put these 3 essentials in and I'm good to go:)
water-proof mascara, i use elf and nice tinted gloss...elf again
foundation and conceler because i have dark circles under my eyes. they cost about five dollars each and i wear covergirl. they other two items i think you would need is mascara and eyeliner.
Mascara- max factor or mac


Lip Gloss- victoria secret
lipgloss!! n any type
Mascara - I use the mabelline one - it comes in a green and pink case. It is good! Quite cheap - not sure in pounds but probably around 6-8 pounds or US$15 or so....
perfect day eyeshadow kit---sugar about $28 @sephora


beauty rush lip gloss---victorias secret beauty about $7 @victorias secret
I would definitely carry lipstick, cause you can use it in many ways.
Covergirl powder


Covergirl/Loreal Mascara and Eyeliner


Body Shop Lip Gloss

No comments:

Post a Comment