Monday, August 23, 2010

Why does society(african-americans included) not appreciate the african woman's beauty?

Why is it a stereotype that african-american women are less attractive that other races?Why does society(african-americans included) not appreciate the african woman's beauty?
I am african american and didnt know or hadn't heard that ';african american women were considered less attractive than other races';? I think this all boils down to preference. And if that is the stereotype, I will just toss it over my shoulder and take it with a grain of salt like I do some of the others. I realize that some people will always live in the dark ages and I can't change that. You would think as a human race, we would have or should have progressed alot more than some of us. One day....maybe one day.Why does society(african-americans included) not appreciate the african woman's beauty?
I think it depends on who you ask. I can name quite a few attractive African American women:





Halle Berry


Michelle Obama


Naomi Campbell (ok she's british)


Dorothea Church


Selita Ebanks


Toccara Jones


Ayuma Nasenyama (Kenyan)


Katoucha Niane (French)





Ok there's many more but you get the point, if some people in society don't appreciate the beauty in certain women that's their loss, just ask the right people....
I don't know what you're talking about, at least in america thats not true. I know in russia they don't find dark skinned women attractive, but in america, i think theres plenty of jungle fever around. The most beautiful new models for sports illustrated swimsuit edition 2009 were 2 of the black girls, my god were they gorgeous.
I do not find this to be True. I think it is up the the woman her self to feel the beauty first to know that she is BEAUTIFUL, Not the Society or African-Americans, or any one. I hope this helps. God made you very PRETTY %26amp; you should feel it and know it all at the same time.


Love your self and feel good about it.
I like how in the question you assume beauty, it's just- why don't we appreciate it?





Who makes up the standard? It's not made up, it's hard wired. You're such a political buffoon, but I'll tell you the one thing you can't guilt people into is what they think or like.
Scientifuically the measure of how attractive someone is, is by how symmetrical their features are and by how closely your genes match theirs. someone could be so damn sexy in your eyes and ugly in anothers. neither one is correct it is just a matter of genetics and hormones.
lol cuz the telly makes them seem like loud mouthed b!tches and that ruins a lot and the telly makes them stuck on themselves and ';all about me';
i don' t care what society appreciate. a woman should be recognised by her inner self and not by her body color.
THE MEDIA:IT BRAINWASHES PEOPLE
I love black women. Theres a pretty face in every race. I just dont like the REALLY dark skin ones ... unless she got it goin on
attitudes make people unattractive

No comments:

Post a Comment