Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Do you buy beauty products from the department just to get the free gift?

I always buy Lancome, Estee Lauder, and Clinique's products whenever they have their gifts. I have about 50 make-up bags and maybe only use a couple. I love the tiny mascaras Lancomes gives you. Clinique even gave a full size mascara last time. And I love the lipsticks! The blushes are usually cool. And the little perfumes are great for your purses. I hate all the anti-aging and eye creams because I know they are a bunch of b.s.. Anyways, what I hate is that you usually end up having to buy 2 products because 1 is just under the limit, you know what I'm talking about, right? I use Lancome mascara, Clinique foundation and powder, Estee Lauder perfumes and bronzers and I just use the gift lipsticks. I just was wondering if I'm the only one that does this. By the way, did you notice the bags get crappier and crappier? Lancome used to give like beach totes and purses, remember? Oh, and how come you'll spend like $50 on perfume and they never the samples for your purse??????????Do you buy beauty products from the department just to get the free gift?
I'm a total junky for any kind of samples and travel sizes.I have Lancome and Estee Lauder, Clarins, Shesido, You name it. I love the moisturizers most of all.I have way to many mascaras.Wanna trade? They are very recent.LMKDo you buy beauty products from the department just to get the free gift?
yeah becasue teh free gifts are awesome and i really like lancomes eyeliner whenever its in the gift and i like their make-up kits
Oh my god all of you know exactly how I feel, why do we fall for this if we're so smart on other aspects of life, I don't get it, I mean I know succesful women that do the samething, it's like men and sports I guess some kind of code those companies discovered long time ago to get us to buy that sh..t we don't use so often. I had to litteraly throw away clinique products because they started to stink I know it's suppose to be odorless but trust me there's just some things that if you don't use, you can't stand the smel later. I think this marketing strategy makes us believe that we are not being robbed by those prices and that we won we took something extra home that was ';free';, it's like wining our little department store lottery or something.
Lots of women including myself have fallen for this scam and yes the gifts are great but do you really need the stuff you are required to buy before you get the great gifts?? In the long run it's probably better to just buy what you really need.
Seriously... They make like 500% profits on that stuff. I buy it off the internet. You can get everything for like 1/2 of the price. I'm cheap like that. I buy skincare products... not make-up... just to clear that up.
I load up on Clinique moisturizer whenever there's a free gift event. I could probably find something cheaper, but I just love those free gifts (that I never use).

No comments:

Post a Comment